From Kerri’s Kitchen
What you will need: 🫑🧅🧄
- 2 Packages of spicy Italian sausage
- 2 Green peppers
- 2 Onions
- 2 15oz Cans of diced tomatoes with basil and garlic
- 2-20 Cloves of garlic 😉 (depending on how Italian you are) lol jk I use about 3.
- Italian seasoning (You can find in the spice aisle and it’s already all mixed up for you 👏🏻)
- Something to serve with the sausage peppers and onions. (I use ravioli)
- Olive oil
- Grated Parmigiana for the top when serving.
A couple disclaimers: always make sure your sausage is cooked thoroughly.
I don’t measure. As an Italian/Portuguese woman; you need to feel it 🤌🏼😂
Lastly, this is a double batch. I have teenage boys, plus it’s even better left over so I like making extra!
The easiest way to make this is in your crockpot or instant pot. These directions will be for crockpot and instant pot. I will leave it up to you to modify.
Let’s cook: 👩🏼🍳
1. Cut peppers and onions. Sometimes I dice in big chunks, sometimes I slice nicely, you do you.
If you have an instant pot I use the the sauté feature for the next step. (One pan means less mess 👏🏻)
2. Add to pot, drizzle with a little olive oil and sauté onion and peppers for about 5 mins.
3. Mince garlic and add to pot.
4. Cut raw sausage into thirds or fourths. Add to pot
5. Drizzle with a little olive oil
6. Pinch of salt and pepper. Big pinch, little pinch, whatever your family likes.
7. Cook until the sausage is lightly browned.
8. Drain grease
This is where you can do a few different things.
*If you’re using a pot on the stove, please make sure sausage is cooked fully before final steps.
9. Add both cans of tomatoes.
10. Season with Italian seasoning. (Let the ancestors tell you when 🤌🏼😉)
Crockpot: Cover and let cook on low for 8 hours, or on high for 4 hours. (Make sure sausage is cooked!)
Instant pot: cover and seal. Pressure cook on high 25 minutes. Let naturally release.
Serve over whatever you wish. I prefer spinach and cheese ravioli but you can do whatever you wish!
Don’t forget the Parmesan on top!
If you make this, share to your stories and tag me @simplykerri13
Pages: 1 2